Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Scoreboard and Brownie Points

This week my goal was to make a better effort implementing the Scoreboard within each classroom. I watched WBT video (517) on implementing the scoreboard. Most of the students are on board. I even had to leave a combined class today to go and observe another teacher. The teacher covering my class was amazed at how well the class behavior was while I was gone. What was really cool was that the classroom was wall to wall students because we broke up a classroom. I had about 10 extra students in the room. There were about 35 students in the room. All on task. All working. The students received a Mighty Oh Yeah! (Smiley Face). I think this week someone will win against me so I can prime the pump.

In my classroom I also am implementing the "Brownie Point" system. I drew and trimmed from construction paper "brownie pans". Any adult can sign a brownie (brown construction paper). When the tray is full, I will bake the class brownies. Whenever an another adult is around, the students are on their BEST behavior. Before they leave the presence of the adult, they ask if the adult will sign their brownie.

Today, because I had a class and a half with me at lunch I told them that both classes would receive a brownie if an adult complimented their behavior. However, if they did not make it up to the classroom with the same behavior, I would half one brownie and each class would receive only half. They got half. Like Coach B says - Keep standards high. Now each of those two classes has to get an extra brownie to fill up the half brownie space on the tray.

I look forward to going to the media center next week knowing that the students will be wonderful just to earn a brownie!

Shout out to me.....My principal emailed me compliments for student engagement and had me share about WBT at the faculty meeting.

Goals:
Super Improvers Wall
Genius Ladder
Take pictures and post

I have essays this weekend to grade...joy, joy, joy

No comments:

Post a Comment